Vintage camera and our weekend

We had a wonderful weekend and enjoyed the weather outside as much as we could. I know it won't last for long! Before I know it it'll be too cold or too humid to be outside.

A couple of weeks ago I read about an iphone application called 'hipstamatic' which takes pictures in a vintage type of color. I found the Droid version of it called 'retro camera' and have really enjoyed using it as much as I can. I love these pictures because it reminds me of the pictures my mom and dad used to show me when I was a little kid.


Friday night we went to Sam and Amber's house for some delicious smores and fellowship with friends. I took a couple of pictures but they didn't come out as good as I had hoped with this new application on my phone (I think the pictures turned out kind of creepy!) Here are the only two that came out ok



Saturday we went out on the boat with Steve's dad. It was really so peaceful and relaxing out there. Jack loves the water and he was happy as a clam all day! He loves the wind on his face and smiles and makes a happy babbling noise. It melts my heart to watch.

Steve loves going out on the boat and I know both him and grandpa are looking forward to many memories here. I'm really thankful we get to do this and don't take these memories for granted :)

Here are some pictures in no particular order







Steve showing Jack the shrimp bait

Jack playing with the bait!
A really gross shrimp





Jack and I napped on the boat for a good 2 hours on the way back. I loved holding him and sleeping with him- don't get to do that very often! he was wiped out  but he was a good trooper.

Just for fun here are some other pictures of Jack.





On another note wanted to share a few of things...

There is a little boy Owen that's been on my heart for a couple of weeks. The lead singer of the christian band Sanctus Real had his third little one and he has a congenital heart defect. He seems to be recovering and it looks like he'll be going home from the NICU soon. If  you could please keep them in your prayers you can read the full story here. I can relate to the stomach knot feeling of anxiously waiting for updates from the NICU doctors and it can feel  more than unbearable sometimes. My heart goes out to them. 

Also I know my posts haven't been as deep or as personal as I'd like them to be (and as I'm used to writing). And even though I'm really enjoying this joyful season of having Jack, things are not perfect in our lives. We have family member who is not well and this has really taken a toll on me these last few months. I'm not able to share more to respect the privacy of this person, but thank you to all of you who have been faithfully praying alongside our family.

And this weekend we're going to our first Florida State game. It'll be Jack's first game and with the way the Noles have been playing lately I'm really hoping for a win! I will post pictures from our weekend up there early next week.

And finally I'll be doing a giveaway this week for the 'Capture the Coast' cookbook and 5 tickets to the holiday gift market in Tampa coming up November 5-7th. It'll be a very fun giveaway!