A Big Praise


As most of you already know, we are excited to share Jack is going to a big brother!! This picture was taken a few weeks ago at our first ultrasound appointment, and we were thankful for a strong heartbeat and a good doctor's appointment.

It has been very emotional this first trimester.

I cry at the drop of a hat, and sometimes for no good reason at all. I now cry everytime at the end of 'Extreme Makeover''. And have bawled reading books such as 'I love you forever' and 'On the night you were born' to Jack. Sometimes Steve will get home from work and I will just cry. I know it's the hormones, but most of it is my own frustration from being nauseous and tired. I've had to slow down a lot and haven't been able to keep up with the house or cook as I used to.

I often wonder if I have barely been able to make it through the first trimester, how am I going to handle taking care of two?

I think of our sweet Andrew everyday, but I don't long for him the same way I did when I was pregnant with Jack. I more often I think of Jack and what a joy it has been to have him. I still can't believe that we might get to hold and have another child! And it is truly a daily surrender for me not to live in the past or the unknowns of the future, to try to enjoy the blessings of today.

“You are worthy, our Lord and God,
to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
and by your will they were created
and have their being.”

Revelations 4:11

I read this verse right before I found out I was pregnant back in August. Praising God for all life He brings forth!