Picture and Video Update

I am excited to do a post on Palmer and Jack! I tend to only write when I feel there is something worthwhile to share and it will encourage someone else. But there is so much day to day, routine stuff that I need to write down and document as well.

Palmer is almost 5 months. He is very smiley, gives us much more smiles than Jack did at this age. He is not as fussy as he was the first three months and we are still figuring out our routine (which with the second one it is WAY more flexible). In the mornings we are usually out and about, and by 1pm he turns into a pumpkin and we are home for a long afternoon nap. It works for us well as it gives me some good one-on-one time with Jack in the afternoon.

He is content hanging out watching Jack run around and does not need to be held much (so far). Hopefully this will continue because he is not a small baby!! We have not had him weighed since he was 11 weeks, but at that date he was 14lbs 12 oz.


Palmer and Jack have many similarities and differences. I won’t get into all of them here, but I will share I’ve had to stop myself from comparing them (Something I pray I won’t do as they grow up). Milestones and sleeping through the night have been very different for both of them. Palmer did sleep through the night for a few weeks, but really hasn't the last month or so. We will get there.



They are both very good with each other. Jack loves to wake up Palmer with me and will often get in his crib and wake him up with kisses. He is good about entertaining Palmer and bringing him toys when he starts to get bored. He often asks him questions like “Palmer will you play with me?” “Watch this Palmer!” And at least once a day he says “I loooove you Palmer”

 
 
 
I am thankful for how well they are getting along, although there was a good month and a half during which Jack acted out A LOT towards Steve and me (not towards Palmer) but I believe it was related to the adjustment. Once we were able to give Jack more attention and have that one-on-one time with him again, he started to go back to his old self.



I can’t wait until they are a little bit older and really start engaging with each other! And then of course I’ll have to deal with sibling rivalry... ummm.... but I'm still really looking forward to it. I can picture them playing cowboys and indians, and chasing each other around the house.




This is a short post since I've spent the last hour figuring out how to upload a video to blogger (who knew it could be so complicated?).

This is a video from labor day weekend at the beach. It was late at night. We were delirious. And hungry I might add. But these little guys were pretty entertaining even then. Hope you enjoy!