Summer 2026

 

Summer has come to an end and I wanted to document how our family has been doing. The teenage years are flying by quickly, and it feels like a whirlwind trying to keep up with all the things. I have remembered how much I enjoy writing and blogging and I love being able document our summer here. 

This summer Jack started working at an engineering/construction company. It is his first job, and we prayed so much that God would open up a door for him to work and learn the value of earning a dollar. He had a very hard time finding a job at 16, and just when we thought all hope was lost, we connected with one of his former baseball coaches from little league who quickly gave him a job in the company he works for.

Here’s a picture of them from the little league baseball years. Steve and Mr. Simmons coached together for a season or two. They also coached together a few years later, but I haven't been able to find those pictures.





Jack likes working with his hand and enjoys building. The company builds roofs and metals that are tested against wind, fire and rain. He has enjoyed it so much that he is continuing to work through the school year and is leaving school early daily to get to work. It's been a hard adjustment for us, as we really miss having home more often. 

Palmer has grown so much over the last few months emotionally and physically. He played basketball over the summer, worked weekly at a neighbors house doing outside work, and enjoyed fishing a lot. The highlights of his summer included catching a Sailfish on the East coast! 

 



Lilly is also growing quickly! She is at 99% height for her age and I’m not sure where she gets it from. I’m not that tall and neither is Steve (although he is significantly taller). Lilly was busy this summer doing the musical  with VBS, pickleball and tennis camp, and doing hear yearly musical camp at Florida Academy of the Performing Arts. We also hosted a girls discipleship at our house this summer which she really enjoyed.




Steve and I celebrated our 21 year anniversary and we had a quick trip getaway to Clearwater Beach in June. This is the only picture we took!



This year Andrew would've turned 18. It feels surreal to think he would've been 18, and in an alternate universe we would've had an 18, 16, 14 and 10 year old. July tends to be a hard month usually, as for some reason the waves of emotions come and go with Andrew's birthday on July 14th and the day he passed away on July 24th. 







At the end of the summer, we took a family trip to the East Coast to go on a deep sea fishing trip! Palmer was the only one to catch a sailfish (which he was very proud of) and the rest of us catch Bonita, Kingfish and Mahi. I think we are going to make this a yearly family tradition.














We are thankful for God has been faithful this summer, even though it has felt very hard at times. Parenting doesn't feel easy and we have had to rely on the Lord more than when they were little. They are growing up way to quick and we are praying big for God's love and guidance over each of their lives!