11 months old

Jack you are now 11 months old! You are no longer a baby but a busy toddler constantly exploring everything around you. You are such a joy to my heart and to everyone around you! Your smile melts me every time and I quickly forget if I was frustrated at you over something. I love being your mom and I thank the Lord for you every night.


These days you love to open and close things. You crawl towards every door you see, open it and close it over and over again as you laugh histerically. I’d imagine this wouldn’t be so exciting after a while, but its been months and you still love doing this every day.



You also love to open and close pages to every book and don’t like it when I do it for you.


We have a lot of fun playing peekaboo around your crib. We'll chase each other around in circles and you think its hilarious!
You coming around the corner of the crib!
I sometimes try to hide from you and surprise you from the back but you outsmart me. After chasing me around in a circle, you will stop and wait for me to come up behind you! and I am the one surprised. Sometimes you will even cheat and look down to try to spot me with your 'signature spy pose'


You learned this pose from aunt Jessie’s cats a few weeks ago. You love to do this all the time now…

You get so excited when daddy gets home every night. You squeal with delight when you see his truck in the yard!

You do not like baby food and it is a struggle to get you to eat it. I usually have to bribe you with a few cheerios in between. Also you get bored really quickly in your high chair so we play peekaboo with you and dance like fools! If you are entertained you eat much easier.


The moment I sit down to eat anything from my plate (as I’m trying to scarf it down) you will quickly spot me and crawl over. You come up to my legs, open your mouth wide and give me the most pitiful look ever. How can I say no to you?

When we are in the couch, you come up to us, put your hands up in the air, and grunt until we bring you in the couch with us! Then you will crawl back and forth around it and have a blast doing so. You LOVE crawling around the couch and trying to spot the remote control which you have a special love for.
You wanting to get up on the couch
You stand up well and can walk as long as you’re holding on to something. Recently you realized you can reach the top of our kitchen table, and always try to grab whatever you can get your hands upon up there. We really need to be careful now with what we leave up there!

You enjoy throwing things in the floor from your chair or stroller, act surprised, look down, and say 'Uh-oh!'. You then look at us and laugh with a mischevious smile.

You are very good at pointing and letting us know what you want to play with. As soon as we pick you up in the mornings, you will point towards the door so you can open and close it. We're very proud of you!

You are lean and tall- You weigh 20 lbs (19th percentile) and measure 30 inches (78th percentile).

I love you my little buddy!