Journey of Faith: Mentors Week 2


I meant to publish this post yesterday, but got caught up with a few things and haven't been able to get behind a computer until tonight. ha! My little boy is keeping my busy :)

Continuing with Amber’s post on sharing about mentors, this week I’ll share about my relationship with my wonderful mentor Susan.

Susan was the co-leader of a bible study I participated in 2007. She also had a quiet demeanor about her, and initially I thought I had nothing in common with her (Starting to see a theme here?). I was even critical of the way she led, but God has a funny way of humbling me. She ended up being a very close and dear friend to me.

During that bible study I learned a lot from Susan, specially when it comes to proactively working on a marriage. I think we have a much stronger marriage today than we ever would have, if it wasn't for her willingness to spend time with me and teach me from her own journey.

Susan and I met for coffee for a long time after the bible study was over and I really enjoyed catching up with her. In 2008 she started traveling a lot to the Carolina’s to visit family, and I believe shortly after moved up there.

She will always have a special place in my heart and I am thankful for the impact she had on my spiritual walk.