A Month of Change

I am excited April will be a month of change for us! We’ve made the big decision to resign from my job, so that I could stay at home with Jack and we can move close to Steve’s work.


I can’t wait to get an additional 1.5 hours with Steve a day! It will be so nice to have more time with him, have dinner earlier, and be able to see him for lunch regularly. We will be less than 5 minutes from his work!

I am also excited to move closer to his family. They will be able to watch Jack more so that Steve and I can go out on date nights or with friends. It will be great to watch Jack grow up making lots of memories with his grandparents, uncles and aunts… I am hoping for lots of little league games where we can all go watch him play. And where Steve might be able to coach a baseball team :)

Most of all I am excited for this time I will have with Jack. Before I know it he will be driving off to college waving goodbye. Already I can’t believe how much he is walking, talking, and communicating with us. Already time has gone by in a flash and he is not even 2!



I am thankful for lots of other things that come along with it but I will spare you the details. It is something we’ve been praying for a long time and I am excited that the time is finally here!

But I will miss much of what we’re leaving behind. There are some days when I’m really excited and ready… but there are others when I am sad and weepy. It’s a mixed bag of emotions for me.

We will have to make sacrifices and watch our spending closely at home. It’s a small yet big change at the same time.



I hope through this process we will both grow closer in our relationship with the Lord. I know staying at home is going to be difficult at times, but I am more than ready for the challenges and blessings ahead. I think I’m going to have to rely on Him more through this transition than I have in a long time.

So that is the big news!! Mostly excited yet a little nervous. Would appreciate any encouragement today!