Sewing Perks


Last Christmas Steve got me a sewing/embroidery machine which I am so thankful for. My mom was an excellent seamstress and I only hope to be half as good as her!! She even started her own company in designing and making boutique dresses from scratch until we moved to Florida from Caracas, Venezuela. Although I have not been able to dive much into any big projects (like making curtains, laptop covers, etc) I have been using it a lot for small adjustments to my clothes. That's really what I use it for most of the time.

This was a maternity shirt I ordered from target (7 months pregnant)

Only pic I could find of this shirt- 8 months pregnant

And last week I adjusted it down to a tank top- and it now fits perfectly!

Needed a little ironing

I'll be using the leftover fabric for small embroidery projects and save me a few bucks... :)
 
Last Christmas I bought this non-maternity shirt at target a size up since I was a few months pregnant. Here I wore it at four months and I wore it all the way up until about 6 months

Christmas pic-

 Now I've adjusted it down for fall and it fits again!!




And lastly- the beige cover I'm wearing was maternity too and I adjusted it down. I need to work on it some more, but for now it does the trick!


So there it is- I'm asked so often what I use my sewing machine for and it's hard to explain. The embroidery part of it is a lot more fun and creative, and I'm excited to be working on some cute onesies this fall! :)