Guest Bedroom.

The day we found out we had officially gotten our foster license, we began working on re-decorating our guest bedroom. I wrote about this a few posts back and wanted to share some before and after pictures of the room. It's not done yet, but we are very excited about how it's turning out!

Before:




 
 
 



While working:
 
We painted the furniture using Annie Sloan chalk paint original white. Because it is such a light color we ended up putting on three coats. There is a lot we learned about the paint (like consistency, waxing, techniques, etc). The pieces didn't turn out perfect and it was a LOT more work than I thought it would be, but am happy how they turned out.
 

Thank you to my sweet friend Laura and my sister in law Jessi, for helping us paint this furniture. It was a huge help!


 
 
 
 
Steve and his friend Larry painted the walls a darker grey (Sherwin Williams Network Grey) and it turned out just as we had hoped
  
 
 





 
Our dear friends Larry and Bethany who helped us paint
 
 
 
After pictures:


 
The crib we had bought a few years ago and kept at Steve's dads house for when Jack would sleep over there. We haven't used it very much lately over there and thought it would be much needed here. One day I hope we can get a white crib to match the rest of the room! But for now it will do :)

 


 
 I orrdered the prints below from Etsy's  Poster Pop Shop. Very highly recommend them. I had ordered two prints before for my sister in law a few months ago and lost them just a few days before her graduation. The owner sent me the prints again at no charge! She was really good to work with and was able to make these prints, each one representing a member of our family.
 
Steve loves playing softball and baseball.
I debated between 'Sewing On' and 'Blogging On'.
Although I don't do either as often as I'd like, they are two of my favorite things to do.
Jack loves anything sweet.
And Palmer smiles all the time. It was between 'Grin On' and 'Smile On'.
 
I am so happy that these prints will hang over the walls where I hope many children and family guests will sleep. I think it gives the room a more peaceful feel to it and compliments it well.
 
 
The curtains behind the dresser are from target and I love, love them! The only bad thing is that they are not black out curtains so a lot of light can still get in the room. One of my next projects is to get darkening material at Joann's and sew it on the back of the curtains.

 
The white frames for the prints I got at Walmart for $3 each and painted them with Chalk Paint. They were originally gold and black.
 
We still need to get a rug, another set of curtains, and a comforter set for the bed (Which I am really wanting to get!!). We are holding off for now but hope to get them over the next few months.
 
We have not have any foster children come through our home yet. We are currently working on a placement with our FDS worker but will probably not share much until it actually happens. We are waiting patiently, excited, nervous, and praying for God's will and His timing over all of this.
 
Have closed this post for comments, but would love to hear from you at carolinabriggs@gmail.com if you have something to share.