Hind's feet on high places

I have been reading this book that I just LOVE called Hind's feet on high places! I wish everyone could read this book (I think I will give it away for Christmas!). It is the story of 'Much-Afraid' and how she lives unhappy in the valley with her family 'The Fearings'. She embarks on a journey to the top of the high mountains despite pride, resentment, bitterness, and self-pity scheming ways to stop her along the way. It is such a neat picture of God's faithfulness and how life is not always picture perfect.

There was one paragraph in the beginning of the book I wanted to share which really caught my attention. I thought it was a neat way of wording something I've never really said outloud...

'As Christians we know, in theory at least, that in the life of a child of God there are no second causes, that even the most unjust and cruel things, as well as all seemingly pointless and undeserved sufferings, have been permitted by God as a glorious opportunity for us to react in them in such a way that our Lord and Savior is able to produce in us, little by little, His own lovely character'.