A yummy and healthy dinner

I found this recipe online and have truly LOVED how simple and easy it is to clean up- there is only one pan to clean up afterwards! Steve really likes this for dinner as it is light yet filling enough. There's not a lot of carbs, and its got vegetables, fruits, and chicken. Hope you enjoy it!

Stuffed chicken with bacon and cheese














Ingredients

- 2 boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 small packet of feta cheese
- 2 slices of bacon
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup sliced portobello mushrooms
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- A dash of rosemary
- 1/2 bag of spinach
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes (or raspberries)

Directions

Place each piece of chicken between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound them thin with a mallet.

Place one slice of bacon and cheese in the center of each flattened chicken breast. Roll the chicken breast around the bacon and cheese and secure with toothpicks or butcher's twine. Season the rolls with salt and pepper.

Heat 2 tablespoons of the butter and 1 tablespoon of the olive oil in a heavy skillet. Quickly brown the chicken rolls over medium-high heat, reduce the heat to low, and scatter the mushrooms into the pan, sprinkle with wine and rosemary. Cook, turning the chicken rolls frequently, 10 to 15 minutes.



(In this meal I forgot to add the mushrooms and wine- it was just one of those days!)

After sauteeing it, I usually throw it in the oven for 10 minutes to make sure it is well cooked. But you can always finish cooking in the stove, just make sure to check the center of the chicken.

I served it with spinach and tomatoes in the pic below, but I usually serve it with spinach and raspberries. I stole this idea from season's 52, a restaurant that charged me $16 for raspberries, spinach, and gorgonzola cheese. Although it was delicious, I thought I would give it a try myself at home!



I added raspberry vinegarette dressing to the spinach (its good specially if you decide to use raspberries).

Although I forgot half the ingredients that night, it still turned out to be delicious!