Journey of Faith Friday: Brotherly kindness



This week my friend Amber has asked readers to share about a time when someone’s act of kindness impacted my journey of faith.

While we have been very blessed with a wonderful friends and church, I had a hard time thinking of a specific gift. I can think of endless occasions when someone spent time with me, talked over the phone, sent encouraging emails, etc, etc.

After much thought I remembered what a great blessing and help were the meals people brought us after we had Andrew and Jack. While it was a GREAT blessing both times, I was really appreciative of it after having Jack. I had a slow recovery after my second c-section and was not able to move around very much- and much less cook. I was REALLY thankful for this as it really helped us get through those first few weeks.

I clearly remember wondering if I’d ever be able to cook again with a little one- it just seemed so far off! But looking back it was just the emotions I was feeling at the moment.

I don’t know what we would’ve done if we hadn’t had meals brought to us. It was incredible to see of the body of Christ coming together to help us during that time. I'm thankful I've had the experience to witness this time and time again.

And just for fun here is a picture from that time :)