18 months

Dear Jack,

I can't believe you are already 18 months! You are such a delight and a blessing to your daddy and me.When you were a newborn I couldn't wait for you to grow up  so you'd be able to sleep through the night... now I just wish you would stay this age forever.

You love to dance to the guitar Miss Chrissy got you for your birthday. When you are on a roll you go around repeatedly in circles and then start kicking on leg over and over again as if you were a rockstar :)



Your favorite food is cheese, pasta, and waffles. You don't like to try new things, and are fine eating avocados, boiled eggs, pasta, and rice over and over.

You absolutely hate chicken and spit it out every time much to your daddy's dismay (he is in love with chicafila)

You also like to show off your 'winnie the pooh' car. When we are in our front porch in the afternoons, you will get our neighbors attention and point to your car, and say 'Car, car!' over and over again until they look at it and tell you how cool it is. Must be a guy thing.

Your favorite TV shows are Mickey mouse clubhouse, Trucks, and handy manny. You actually really like to watch TV although we try not to let you very often.

Currently you are obsessed with all things 'fishy' and 'trucks'. You wake up many mornings saying 'ishy' over and over again and putting your hands up as if saying 'Where is my ishy?'. Your obsession for 'balls' seemed to died down a few months ago, although you still like them very much.





When you were a baby I had this idea that you were going to be a very independent/strong willed toddler. So far you have proved me wrong- because you have a sweet spirit and listen pretty well to us. You have started on your temper tantrums, but they are not as often as I thought they might be (so far).

I am SO thankful for you everyday! I remembered Andrew yesterday as he would've turned 32 months on your 18 month birthday. It is special to me you were both born on the 14th. Although you will never replace Andrew, you are a delight and my season of joy.

God truly has turned our mourning to dancing and our sorrow to joy!



This verse reminds me of both of you... 

"Mordecai recorded these events and he sent letters to all the Jews throughout the provinces ...to have them celebrate annually the fourteenth and fifteenth days of the month of Adar as the time when the Jews got relief from their enemies, and as the month when their sorrow was turned into joy and their mourning into a day of celebration" Esther 9:20-21