Dinner and a Play

This past Saturday Steve and I had the opportunity to watch the play 'The Screwtape Letters' perform here in Tampa. We went to see it with our friends Kindra and Vipul, and I was excited as we had previously read the book at different times so we had a lot to talk about. It's a book that has challenged and convicted me in many different ways.


The book was written in the 1940's by C.S Lewis right before world war was about to break out. Most people are familiar with C.S Lewis's writing and he has the gift of always challenging the reader to read in between the lines and think outside the box! This book was even more interesting as he writes it from a 'demons' perspective who is mentoring a younger demon on how to spiritually attack human beings.

Although this book is dark, it shone a light on different ways that I allow myself to be distracted and brought farther away from my relationship with the Lord. Highly recommend this read if you are looking for a book that will challenge you. And I'm so glad Steve really enjoyed it as well!

A picture of us at the end of the night- after dinner, play, and getting drenched in the rain a couple of times :)


If you are interested in learning more about C.S Lewis and his writing- my friend Amber is doing a series of some of her favorite quotes of C.S Lewis in her blog. She is posting a quote each day over 31 days, and you can follow the quotes here.