My Kitchen Style

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am not a baking kind of gal. I'm intimidated at the thought of baking anything that requires eggs, milk, and some type of vanilla extract. The other day my friend mentioned Conrnstach to thicken something, having no idea what it was used for I nodded my head pretending I knew it what it was used for.... :)

On the other hand I work really hard at cooking healthy meals for our family. We don't eat a lot of processed foods and I use as many wholesome ingredients as possible. I love to cook with fresh garlic, herbs, grains, etc. Unfortunately most of this food doesn't go on sale at Publix regularly so it's easy for it to get expensive. I still coupon at Publix for basic things but I'm really picky at what I coupon for (Specially after seeing the movie Food Inc. and In-greed-ients).

Thankfully I've found a lot of grains are sold in amazon at a much cheaper price than anywhere else. The produce is the most expensive part of our grocery bill, but that is something I just have to deal with for the time being. After it's all said and done it's pretty manageable and it can be done on a budget

Here are a few of the meals we have regularly...


Quinoa with sundried tomatoes, mushrooms, and parsley


Quinoa with tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and lime juice (Not pictured)

Whole grain pasta with mushrooms, and olive oil



Fish with brown rice (not pictured)

Here are my favorite finds which go on sale regularly

Marzetti's all natural dressing (Any Publix)



Love that there's no high fructose corn syrup or any other synthetic ingredients. This is normally $3.69 at Publix per bottle, but this past week it was on sale 2 for $2, and I had a $1.25 off coupon. So the dressing came to $.75 cents!!

Mueller's Organic Chicken (Select Publix stores)


Not all Publix stores carry this chicken. This is one of the few things I buy organic, and I think it is SO worth it! The chicken always tastes soft even if I overcook it a little bit. It often goes on sale for $3.99 per lb, otherwise it's $5.99 per lb

Earth's Best Organic Chicken Nuggets



Best tasting chicken ever. I steal it from my son when he's not looking. Enough said.

We don't buy organic produce because of the cost. We usually don't buy organic meat or milk either, but whenever I can- I do buy organic chicken and eggs.

I'm not dead set on only eating whole ingredients. There are plenty of times when we eat out or days when we don't eat healthy at all. I just wanted to share what we usually have at our house and what I strive for most of the time :)

Will post next Monday on my favorite amazon finds.