My husband Steve

I wanted to share a few things about Steve that make him a wonderful husband and father. I thank the Lord every night as I fall asleep for choosing him to be my husband. To think that we met in a bar in Tallahassee underage drinking over 10 years ago... who would’ve thought?

1. He is a family man. Steve is very close to his family. This really hit me when we were first pregnant with Andrew and after every doctor’s appointment he would call his dad and mom to give them an update. I would only call my family if there was anything out of the ordinary and would update them periodically. Steve loves spending time with family and carrying on family traditions (which there are too many to write about here). I grew up far away from grandparents, uncles, cousins, etc so I am VERY thankful for my husband's big family and his love for them!

2. He is a great gift giver. He puts a lot of thought in the gifts gives. For our 4 year anniversary we put a maximum spending limit, and he figured out a way to give me a very special gift. He took the words from a Steven Curtis Chapman song "Go there with you" and framed them. Every time I looked at the thing I would cry. He also has given me a beautiful wooden jewerly box and a movado watch. He always comes up with original ideas.

3. He loves Chickafila!
He is one a first name basis with the manager of Chicafila next to his office. They are buddies!

When our best friend's daughter Winnie was about 2 yrs, and the Clarks would drive by a a chicafila restaurant she'd put her hands up in the air and ask for Steve. She associated every chicafila restaurant with him!

Uncle Brett gave us matching dad/son t-shirts which boldly say 'I love Chickafila'. We are planning on having Jack's 1 year old birthday at Chickafila, at which time they will wear their shirts and Jack will try chicken for the very first time. It was very important that Jack's first chicken should come from chicafila… yummy yummy honey mustard!

4. He washes the dishes. This one I have to give a big thanks to my father in law for. Steve is wonderful about washing dishes. He washes the dishes better than I would, and even dries them right away. I usually just quickly wash them and leave them out to dry… slacker me! Thank you Steve for loving me in this way.

5. He does not follow the crowd
My husband is not on facebook. This is despite the fact that his dad, mom, brother, sister, uncles, cousins, wife, and best friends are all on facebook. He has been peer-pressured many times (myself included) but he has stood strong.

He always wears his helmet whenever he plays softball. Now despite the fact that no one else in his team wears it (or even the league) and it looks kind of funny, Steve is very faithful about wearing it every time. In general he has never worried about impressing other people. And he has this gift of not letting things get to him, he is pretty easy going.

6. He can entertain a crowd. Steve can tell jokes in a crowd in a way that I can’t… I must say he gets this from his dad. He also loves having people over- the more, the merrier!

7. He is a wonderful father. Every night when we he gets home he takes over by playing with Jack and getting him ready for bed. This gives me a nice break to get dinner started! He tickles Jack in a way that gets him to crack up for a while, not just smile. He gives him a bath, and helps me wash all the bottles. He has always been involved with taking care of Jack with a loving servant heart.

Thank you Steve for being such a wonderful husband and father. If you are called to heaven one day sooner than I expect, the pain will be worth every wonderful memory I have with you. I love you so much and treasure each day I am given with you!