My day off

As most of you know I am off on Thursdays and Friday afternoons from work. I truly treasure this time with Jack, and I try my best to have quality time with him instead of running errands and cleaning the house. That is hard to do sometimes because the house gets so quickly dirty... so it is a balancing act between the two. This post is about what Jack and I did last Thursday afternoon (a more fun than average Thursday).

The morning started off at 6am- Jack woke up, ate and wanted to play. Steve was feeling sick so he stayed in bed a little extra that morning. We went in the back of the house and played together as quietly as possible to let him sleep.

8am- Jack went down for a nap. I took a shower and got ready for the day. Managed to squeeze in a couple of loads of laundry and clean the kitchen. Got all of Jack's stuff packed up in the car- stroller, diaper bag, solids, breastmilk, purse, etc. Just waiting for Jack to wake up! It's amazing how much I can get done when he is napping.

9:40- He woke up, quickly changed his diaper and off the zoo we went. We met our friends Lela and Whitney and their little boys. Both dear friends that I treasure spending time with. There was a total of 5 little boys in this trip.

This was Jack's very first trip to the zoo. When we got there I was so glad to find a Starbucks there- the first thing I did was get a cup of coffee!





We had a fun and relaxing morning. I enjoyed getting to catch up with these ladies on life and raising little boys. Jack was not as excited about the animals as I thought he'd be, but he was definitely very good and laid back.

Jack slept from 1:30 to 3:30 which gave me time to clean up around the house. I really wanted to take a nap, but couldn't fall asleep!

At 4pm we headed off to music class at a church close by. It is another fun way for us to bond and I am learning songs to sing to him. This was our first 'official' class and I was a little nervous about how he would like it.

We were warmly greeted by the instructor (who does not talk in a regular voice, but sings everything she says). There were children of all ages from 6 weeks old to 5 yrs old.


Mrs. Alli singing to the class

We sang a couple of songs, made hand motions, and danced around the room. Jack's jaw was dropped the entire time and he never took his eyes off the instructor. He seemed like he was in a trance. Ummm, does he love it or hate it? Finally I sat him next to me, and he quickly let me know his opinion about the class...


Are you kidding me??

I bursted out laughing. He held this look long enough for me to pick up the camera and snap a picture!

Next Mrs. Alli brought out instruments for the children to play with. Jack put his instrument straight into his mouth and I was assured it was very clean. He still had not given me a smile, while the rest of the kids were having a blast.

Towards the end of the class we did this exercise where I sat Jack in front of me, and by holding his hands out I pushed him back and forth while we sang. I have no idea why Jack found this so fun, but he bursted out laughing!






By the time the class was over he did not want to leave. Pheww... at least he liked it! let's just hope he starts enjoying it earlier next time. I had such a fun time at music class and I'm glad I found a new 'trick' that makes him laugh.

We got home at 5:30 with enough time to get dinner ready and clean up some more. Steve got home around 6pm that night. We then played, gave him a bath, and he went down for the night at 7:30. He was a tired little boy and so was I.

So grateful I got to spend a fun day with my sweet boy. He is such a blessing to my heart!