Summer Happies

With the hot weather already in FL, I decided to write down all the things that make me smile and that I love about summer. I put a lot of thought into this and it turned out to be a lot of fun- I think I will try to do this too once the fall gets here!

Here is the list (in no particular order)

1. Making summer lemonades
2. Grilling hamburgers and hot dogs in our backyard
3. Seer sucker polo shirts


4. Stocking up on shorts, capris and sandals at the JCrew outlet in Ellenton (They have the BEST sales!)
5. Pottery barn and pottery kids yearly sales- I love these stores but July is the only time of year I can afford anything
6. The calming sound of ocean waves along with a beautiful sunset


7. Being able to take my sweet 8 month old to the beach- since I now know he loves it!

8. Being tan again and my hair naturally getting lighter
9. Spending time with family at Anna Maria Island over the 4th of July
10. Watching a movie and eating popcorn on late day afternoon showers
11. Yummy frappucinos at Starbucks

12. My small pink and brown bible (Thanks Shelly! even though I use this all year long it fits the best over summer :)
13. Wearing pretty summer dresses
14. Celebrating my wedding anniversary in June

15. Volunteering in July on Andrew's birthday in his memory
16. Reading magazines on how to decorate for summer
17. Taking a break from all the commitments of fall and early spring (Junior league, bible studies, etc)
18. Walking into an A/C room after being out in the hot humid Florida weather
19. Attending showers in late spring/early summer
20. Less traffic on the way to work due to school being out
21. Coconut and lime smells
22. All things with a palm tree on it