Baby Blues

Today was not a particularly difficult day in remembering Andrew. It was actually a day of praise as Steve and I attended Celebrate Recovery and heard an AMAZING testimony.Simply amazing. I left encouraged and thankful for seeing His goodness and glory displayed tonight.

However it was a difficult day regarding Jack. Thursdays are my day off and today was just one of those days. After Jack went down for the night I cried thinking about all the things I could've done differently.. like did I not play with him enough? did I focus too much on cleaning? did I rock him too much to sleep? etc, etc.

I came across this beautiful song today by Dave Mathews called 'Baby Blues' I wanted to share here. I wonder what the song is really about, as most of the lyrics remind of saying goodbye to Andrew.

You will rest your head, your strength once saving.
And when you wake you will fly away,
holding tight to the legs of all your angels.
Goodbye my love, into your blue, blue eyes,
your blue, blue world, you're my baby blue



And in case you're wondering... yes Andrew had blue eyes :)

They were a deep ocean blue. Vibrant and beautiful.