A Fall Friday

Last Friday was a beautiful and fun fall day. It started off bad when my car didn't work and our plans to visit our friends in Orlando were postponed, but the rest of the day made up for a bad start.

My boss kindly surprised me with Starbucks latte that morning which was the turning point of my day! Her act of kindness really cheered me up after a really bad morning.

After work Jack and I headed to the Berean school to meet my friend Christy and her daughter Kylie. Her school was having a 'Popsicles in the park' event that afternoon. It was wondeful to see Christy and Michelle with their little ones. I had a great time under the tree shades, a cool breeze (although I was still hot), and Jack entertained by all the little ones.

I LOVED seeing all the kids in their school uniforms- they looked so adorable! And the games that they played cracked me up like 'house' and 'mommy and kids'... such a fun and innocent age.



There were a lot of moms there and I was asked a couple of times 'how many children do you have?' This is a hard question to answer because I usually get such sad looks, and I open myself up completely to a stranger I just met. But we have been blessed with  two babies and so I always answer with 'Two boys' Jack is 12 months, and a short sentence on what happened to Andrew. Sigh.

After the park, Jack and I headed to the consignment baby store 'Once upon a time' off Kennedy. This was my first time there and I absolutely loved it- they had a reallly good selection there. Jack also had a blast and enjoyed crawling away from me whenever he had a chance. He loves to play peek a boo!!

We must've been there at least an hour just looking through all the stuff. Finally we left with these two cute finds:
Jack's first interactive book, and a cute little fall outfit!! The outfit still had its original tags and had never been worn

We headed home and waited for daddy to get back from work. What a nice afternoon with my little boy! Afterwards we went to Publix to pick up dinner. After Jack went down for the night, Steve and I rented a movie and went to bed early. It was a blessed Friday :)