Journey of Faith Friday- Music



This week's journey of faith Friday is about sharing the lyrics of a song and how God used it when you most needed them.

The song 'Blessed be your name' greatly touched me and Steve after Andrew passed away. It is based on the bible verse Job 1:21 and how Job chose to still praise the Lord at a time when he had lost everything.
 
When we were making the arrangements for Andrew's memorial service I remember the pastor asking us if we wanted any songs played. Steve and I looked at each other and we instantly both said the same song- Blessed be your name. There was no other song that came to our minds that day.
 
So we played this at our little Andrew's service and I think of him every time I hear it.
 
Blessed Be Your Name

In the land that is plentiful
Where Your streams of abundance flow
Blessed be Your name

Blessed Be Your name
When I'm found in the desert place
Though I walk through the wilderness
Blessed Be Your name

Every blessing You pour out
I'll turn back to praise
When the darkness closes in, Lord
Still I will say

Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your name
Blessed be the name of the Lord
Blessed be Your glorious name

Blessed be Your name
When the sun's shining down on me
When the world's 'all as it should be'
Blessed be Your name

Blessed be Your name
On the road marked with suffering
Though there's pain in the offering
Blessed be Your name

You give and take away
You give and take away
My heart will choose to say
Lord, blessed be Your name