It's the Big Day

December 1st marks a big day in my calendar for many reasons. The most exciting reason is because  the Advent Basket will have been delivered to the anonymous recipient, and along with the anticipation and excitement... there are also some question marks and surrendering as well.

I keep wondering if she will actually get the basket or if it will be stolen from her front door. Or if some of the verses/presents will hurt more than they will bless her. Or if she figures out who it's from, or the opposite if she asssumes it's somebody else. I've had SO many second thoughts today, but I know I just need to surrender this basket... I've done as much as I can and now I just need to let God do His part. Because it was anonymously given I don't think we'll ever find out how she liked it or if it made any difference at all. I am hoping and trusting that it will.




Tonight Steve delivered the basket, knocked the door bell and took off running- ha!! He scraped his knee jumping on he back of his brother's truck as he was driving away. I must say he probably liked a little adventure on his day :)

Another reason why December 1st is such an important day is because my dear friend Christina is scheduled to be induced with their first baby boy. So hopefully he and I will share the same birthday date! She has been so anxiously anticipating this day, specially these last few weeks when it's just plain uncomfortable. I am both nervous and excited for her... there is nothing more life changing than the day you hold your first child into your arms and life is never ever the same!

Tonight is my very last day in my 20's as I'll be turning 30 tomorrow. Yikes! I've never had trouble with getting older, but this one has really been a difficult one. I am not looking forward to turning 30 and I am just feeling plain old and not very attractive these days.

This morning during my bible study, a friend shared that she didn't have a difficult time turning 30 as she was married and had children, things she had wanted to accomplish by then. She was very kind and encouraging. It wasn't until tonight when I realized just how much I am missing Andrew this week. My life is very different than I had planned it to be, and although I am ok with it- well this week it's just hitting me a little harder.

And a reason why I look forward to this day.... it's the free Starbucks drink that they mail me on my Birthday!! It's a coupon for any drink, any size in the menu. Love, love, love! For some odd reason they mailed me not just one, but three free coupon drinks making it even better- quite excited about my decaffeinated pumpkin spiced latte! (and yes I still order that even though it's Christmas). 

(Picture from online)

And of course December 1st is the first day of Christmas! Since 2008 I have stopped looking forward to Christmas, but this year I am again back to really looking forward to it again. I am ready for it this year- Christmas presents bought and wrapped, and Christmas cards ordered and ready to be mailed.

And on a last note I wanted to share about a Pregnancy Cards Giveaway my friend Amber is having at her blog Click.Pray. Love. There are five different giveaways, so the chances of winning are even better! Even if  you're not pregnant yourself, this would make a very cute baby shower gift.  


She mailed a set last week, and I was taken back at how encouraging and detailed these prayer cards were. They really touched me and I know they would be an encouragement to anyone who receives them.

I think that about wraps it up... big day tomorrow, let's hope I'm ready!