All the Ways I Love my Husband

With today being Valentine's day, I wanted to share a few of the reasons why my husband is such a blessing to me. Not to come across as if we have the perfect marriage or he the perfect husband (We've certainly had our struggles these past 6 years of marriage), but there are some nights when I look at him and wonder how I have gotten so lucky to have married him.

This is the earliest picture I could find of us- at our rehearsal dinner on June 2005
Here are a few things that come to mind today...

I love that no matter how tired or what kind of rough day he's had at the office... he is never too tired to help out when he gets home in the evening.

I love that he gives Jack a bath almost every night.

I love that on the days when I fall short (our house is a mess, dinner is not ready, I'm still in my pajamas from the morning, etc) he is not critical. Instead he is encouraging, loving, and knows just the right thing to say.

I love that he has come to every single doctor appointment with me with all three of my pregnancies. He does not care if he's the only man in the ob-gyn's office (which he often is).

I love the respect he shows his parents.



I love that he can make a crowd laugh in ways that I can't.

I love that he is taking guitar lessons and will hopefully be able to serenade me soon!

I love the he works hard at his job and provides for our family.


I am so thankful for him. I know he will fail at times and that I can't idolize him and expect him to meet my every need. I've learned through some tough lessons only God can do that, and when I put Him first everything else falls into place. But tonight I am truly thankful for the many ways God does use my husband to love and encourage me!