Best and Worst Mommy Moments

We are tired from a fun weekend in Orlando attending a friend's wedding. We had a wonderful time catching up with old college friends, and I will try to post pictures later on the week :)

My friend Kindra has encouraged me to write down the funny stories I've shared about things Jack has been doing lately. So here is my worst and best moment as a parent this past month.


Worst Moment

A few weeks ago my Wednesday morning bible study group went out ot lunch Chicafila. Most of us brought our children, which made it more fun as we usually meet without children.

It was a very fun outing... until Jack decided to poop in the playground!! And of course me being the wonderful prepared mom that I am- I had forgotten his diaper bag in the car. A few of the ladies watched Jack (mind you while he is sitting in his poopy) as I went out to the car to get the diaper bag. I then took Jack to the bathroom to clean him up, and he had poopy everywhere! Not only in his underwear, but pants... socks... and even his shoes. It was then that I realized I had forgotten to bring a change of clothes for him (Really, who forgets a change of clothes for their children?). Thankfully I had clean underwear but nothing else.

I carried him outside in his underwear, and when he realized he was not going back in the playground... he threw the mother of all temper tantrums! His head rolled back as tears are rolling down his face. I quickly gathered my things and left with Jack in nothing but his shirt and 'Thomas the train' underwear.

It was quite a humbling moment for me. At least I have been able to look back and have a good laugh. Being 7 months pregnant with a two year old can be quite the humbling experience!

Most Rewarding Moment

A few weeks ago during a conversation with Jack I asked him what he thought of going to see animals at the Zoo. Well Jack's response was...

" Yes Mommy, but me go ALLLL by myself" "No mommy come with me"

Umm... interesting I thought. So I asked him again "Are you sure you want to go to the zoo all by yourself?"

"Yes mommy- me big boy. Me go ALLLL by myself"

I responded with "But Jack mommy needs to come with you... If you get hungry, who is going to give you food? And if you get tired, who is going to pick you up and hold you?"

He looked at me straight in the face and quickly said... "Jesus!"

He said it with such confidence that it melted my heart.