Christmas Party


I've been meaning to post this since December 15th, and am finally just getting around to it. As if Christmas wasn't busy enough with festivities and family visiting, we spent the last few days at the hospital. I may be a week behind on 2013, but I'm catching up!

For the last thirteen years Steve's dad has hosted a Christmas party at his house. We had a wonderful time this year and wanted to share the pics from the party. The picture below was taken during the Christmas party on Dec 22nd, 1999 (Notice the Christmas tree in the exact same spot in the background). Steve was a freshman in college and we had just met about a month earlier on November 17, 1999. To brag about how awesome Steve is, he drove from Tampa to Jupiter to pick me up that day (I believe I didn't have a car at the time) for a total of 7 hours. And he drove me back to Jupiter the next day which took another 7 hours. So a total of 14 hours in the car with me, and his little sister Jessi (8 yrs old) who came along for the entire ride (perhaps to chaperone us?) and was as cute as could be. What a special memory of my first Briggs Christmas party!! 

In the picture are his friends from high school, three of them who were roomates with him throughout college, and two of them who married their girlfriends at the time. And in the center of the picture is Ryan, one of Steve's best friend who unexpectedly died that following spring after being hit in the head during a softball game. What a special picture. Crazy to think how our lives would turn out from there.



So here are the pictures from this year. I am disapointed I wasn't able to get pictures of many families who were there. It was very hard running around and trying to take care of the kids. Next year I hope we can do a picture of all the kids before the hayride starts! 

Tree Shot

Me and my sweet boys

Family picture

Anlon, Jack, and Roman

Katie, Kindra, Bethany and baby Piper

Laura and baby Jackson, Kindra, Christina and baby Tsai (Laura and Christina were in our lifegroup this fall)

Shah Family Pic

Jack and Luke loading up on sugar

The Oakman Family (probably the only family I took a pic of!)