Top 12 Photos of 2012


I am linking up to 'Top 12 Photos of 2012' of photos taken of your children. My friend Amber has co-hosted this for the last two years and it is always fun to look back at the pictures for the year. Here is the link to my favorite pictures form 2011: 12 of 2011.

The rules are: 1. Pictures taken by me (no professional pics) and 2. Share why the picture was chosen.

Here are this year's pictures in no particular order...

1. This picture was taken at St Pete beach when I was 38 weeks pregnant with Palmer. I love it because Jack had such a fun time and really enjoyed the day. And it is one of the last memories I have of just us and him (before Palmer joined us).




2. This was taken at Babies R Us just a few weeks before giving birth. It was one of the last times we had together one on one and I was trying to cherish it as much as I could. He was being silly and goofy here :)




3. This was one of the first few pictures of just the two of them. Jack was very sweet and excited to meet his baby brother for the first time.




4. I had a hard time getting pictures of Palmer those first few months (usually because I was either nursing or chasing after Jack). This is one of my favorite pictures of Palmer resting on me.



5. I had to put this picture in. This was taken when Palmer was a few months old, and Jack for the first time ever fell asleep on the couch after I forgot to give him lunch that day. Oh how those first few months were rough.



6. Jack went up to Palmer and stared at him for a few minutes. He was just getting to know him, and I love that I captured this in camera.



7. I took this picture early in the morning and love how Palmer's face was backwards on it.



8. I love this picture of the both of them in their crib. Jack still loves to get inside the crib when Palmer wakes up from a nap



9. This is possibly my favorite picture for 2012. I heard some fussing in the back, and as I turned around I found Jack repeatedly trying to hold Palmer's hand and Palmer kept pulling away. I thought it was SO sweet and will treasure this forever.




10. This was during an outing at Hyde Park with both of them. I love how excited Jack was about riding in the stroller.



11. This picture was taken at Sea World while riding the teacups. My sister Mariela was visiting and we met her there. We had a great time and this was Jack's favorite ride!

12. Love how Palmer is so focused on Jack's face here. He often loves to watch Jack. I specially noticed this during our stay at the hospital how much he really looks up to Jack. When Jack came to visit Palmer his eyes would just light up :)