Family Update


This social media break has made me realize just how bad I am at writing updates and sending pictures out of the boys. I take them all day long and send them to Steve, but rarely do I post updates for family and friends.

These last few months have been busy and really fun. We have enjoyed the boys so much as they are getting to an age where they are playing better with each other and just have fun together (wrestling, chasing each other, and getting into all kinds of trouble).

In January we took them to the Gasparilla children's parade and they loved it. It was a beautiful day and we had a really fun day with friends.




At the end of January we spent a weekend in Disney with our friends the Clarks and Hardings. The Clark Family has been one of our closest friends for years and we were sad when they moved to North Carolina a little over four years ago. We enjoyed the weekend with all of them for what was Palmer's first time to Disney!





In February my Godmother and her daughter visited from Venezuela. They stayed with us for a few days and they really enjoyed spending time with the boys. My Godmother (Madrina) is like family to me and it was such a treat to have her here.






Right now she is back in Venezuela during a very difficult time the country is going through. Thank you to everyone who has reached out to ask about our family over there. My dad, madrina, family and friends over there are relatively safe from the time being and we are thankful to be able to talk to them regularly. I will be sharing a post on what is happening in Venezuela early next week and some thoughts from my family living there. 

These past few months we have been spending most of our afternoon with our neighbors. A few young families have moved into our street recently and we are so thankful for them! Two families in our street have two boys each- all boys under five yrs and both close to Jack and Palmer's age.

Palmer and Hayes (center) are a few months apart

Fun at the Aquarium


Finding a turtle was really fascinating for all these boys!


Pretending to walk like turtles


Playing an electricity game in our front porch


Afternoon picnic

And I am so thankful for their mamas who are sweet, kind, and quick to help me out when needed. We are able to watch each others boys for appointments and when emergencies come up, something I don't take for granted one bit! Specially on the days when I am worn down at the end of the day and just need a few moment of quietness in the house to regain my sanity before Steve gets home from work.


I think that covers the major events for now- plan on posting picture updates more often going forward!