My Favorite Things at Home

There are a few details in our home which always make me smile and I thought I would share in this post.

I remember how excited we were when we first moved from our condo to this house and you can read about it here. We had so much more room and the backyard I had so badly wanted for so long.

But then after Jack joined us discontentment slowly began to creep back in. We had so much baby stuff that our guest room become a storage space- and I began looking forward to the day when we would move to a BIGGER home. I really wanted a bed for my mom or sisters to stay with us and not have to sleep on the couch.

I didn't realize how discontent I was until this December. After watching the 'Truth project' one night I was convicted about how the 'next best thing' can rob us from being able to enjoy what we have today.

Since then I've been making more of a conscious effort to stop looking forward to the next house. And to enjoy the space that we have today.

So with that little bit of background- there are a few things at home which I wanted to share because they really make me enjoy our home!

In December my sister Mariela gave me a very thoughtful present- a canvas painting of a picture of Jack when he was 6 months old.


My friend Mary took it over memorial day weekend when we were at the beach. We hung it up over his toy area and he loves to point at it and mumble something in his toddler language- ha!


For my second item- we just purchased a medium sized chalkboard to hang over our dining area. I looked for a long time for one about this size and frame, and was lucky to find this etsy shop with tons of cute chalkboards! This one has a vintage white beaded frame and it matches perfectly with our kitchen.



I absolutely LOVE this chalkboard!! We can write notes to each other, what's on the menu for dinner, a reminder list, and bible verses. It's so practical and love the southern look it gives our home (I used regular chalk at the top, and Chalk in at the bottom)


I love these shelves that hang over our dining area...



I love my small flower pot.

And I love this swing chair in our backyard my father in law got us a few years ago. It's nicely shaded by the grapefruit tree. Too bad its too cold outside to really enjoy it right now.

My grandmother and cousin when Jack was 5 months


Jack back in his 'chubby' days

my mom and Jack