Birthday Weekend

This is a short post about our past weekend. We started off Friday visiting Steve's grandparents Memaw and Bepop. We have been trying to see them for a few weeks and have been unable to, so I was absolutely thrilled to finally have the chance. Bepop has been in and out of the hospital, but during our visit he felt great and we really enjoyed our time with them.


Jack and Bepop fixing (or breaking) things

Reading to Jack


Having fun playing the piano

This one is blurry, but would've been oh so cute!


 
Saturday we took it easy and spent time together as a family. Saturday afternoon we went to Davis Island on a picnic with our friends the Shahs. It was a beautiful day outside although a little windy. But it was perfect!
 
Picnic time



Hanging out with daddy

Running around



With Palmer, Kindra, and baby girl Shah :)

So sweet!

Love him!!

Making Jack laugh

Kicking the ball around

Strolling wagons around
 
We truly had such a fun time that afternoon. We were going to go out for ice cream afterwards, but Palmer turned into a pumpkin and we ended up going home.
 
On Sunday my sweet friend Laura made me a birthday cake. It was delicious!! I can't remember the last time I had a homemade birthday cake, so I really appreciated it. Steve and Jack ate it up :)
 
 
 
Sunday night my father in law made a fancy steak and lobster dinner to celebrate my birthday. I don't have a picture of it, but we enjoyed having dinner with Steve's family that night.
 
It was a wonderful birthday weekend! I am most grateful for another year of health and getting to be a mom to these baby boys. I thought of Andrew, as he is my ever present reminder to not take another year for granted.